I've worked in a college writing lab tutoring students and developing online resources, and have taught English Composition (I'm your MLA guru). I might also be found covered in flour in the kitchen, handsewing an 18th century gown, or having a tea party with my daughter. I'm also a frequent flyer at the local coffee shops and my IKEA desk, writing away. I am represented by Jessica Sinsheimer of the Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency.
I escape regularly to the 18th century to participate in living history events and geek out over a vintage swing dance.
1) Fall. And spring. And snow. But I think, in the end, fall. And hiking.
2) Hand sewing and swing dancing.
3) Cajun Salmon with Sauvignon Blanc, grilled grass-fed steak with Cab, chips with beer, and chocolate or stinky cheese with Malbec.
4) Pairing things.
5) Casablanca, Last of the Mohicans, and The Mole People.
6) The Princess Bride, Suite Francaise, and All Quiet on the Western Front.
at Indiana University, where I studied history and French. I then worked for a small stationery company where I got to make paper by hand on a regular basis. I made a career shift, started working in university higher ed (recruitment--I worked for the dark side), returned for a Master's in English, and kept writing...
in a log cabin my parents built in woodsy Indiana. Yes, it had real plumbing and air conditioning! I spent a lot of time running around the woods barefoot, writing stories on construction paper, and reading on the porch swing.
Rowenna Miller, Author © 2013 | All Rights Reserved